Read: Romans 12:2
How can we know God’s will in our lives? The vital keys of knowing God’s will are listed below:
- Walk with God: You must cultivate a friendship with God. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, always acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths (Prov. 3:5-6).
- Surrender your will to God: Jesus sought the will of the Heavenly Father at all points of His life (Luke 22:42).
- Obey God’s commandments for that is His will for us (1 John 5:3).
- Listen to the Holy Spirit to know God’s will. The Holy Spirit helps us to discern and know what God’s will for our life is (1 Cor. 2:14).
- Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart (Ps. 37:4).
Moses was raised in Pharaoh’s palace for 40 years and for the next 40 years, God prepared him in the wilderness as a shepherd. It was God’s will that he be trained in that manner, so that he could be used by God as an instrument to deliver the Israelites from the land of Egypt. Likewise, whatever happens in your life is with God’s knowledge and His will. God is preparing and training us to accomplish His will and purposes in and through our lives. He has a plan to give you a future and a hope (Jer. 29:11).